Samsung launched the mini version which is Galaxy S4 Mini with lower specification and less but unbeatable features and design but still you will find amazing using it. It was expelled after two months after the release of Galaxy S4 in the month of July 2013. It has some features which support Samsung’s latest the Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset with dual core 1.7 GHz Krait CPU and Aderno 305 GPU. It also bears the powerful battery with 4.3” capacitive screen provides Gorilla glass protection.
- The things to be noted your mobile should have 70-80% battery.
- First of all make sure that you have download and install all the required software.
- Put the device in USB debugging mode: Settings->applications->development->USB debugging- check box.
- Make ensure that you backed up your important data and remove your external SD card.
- Furthermore, you will have to disable security apps and programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your device for the time being until the rooting procedure has finished.
- Make sure backup all of your important data like Phone Contacts, Messages, and Call Logs etc. before commencing on the procedure.
- Before this one thing to be made in notices that this guide and its guidelines are meant only for the Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9195.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Root Files
- GT –I9195_MF5_870901_Kernel.tar.zip
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
- First extract the downloaded root package i.e. Galaxy-S4-Mini-root.zip to a suitable location.
- This package includes all the essential files for rooting including Odin 3.07 CWM Odin package and Insecure Kernel package.
- Next step turn off the devices, press and hold volume down, Home and power button together so that your phone will get into the Download mode.
- After all this connect your device to the PC through the USB cable and double click the Odin3 v3.07.exe to start the Odin program which will be prompted with Administrative privileges.
- Then you will see two options with Yes or No, confirm it by tapping on Yes. ID: COM will show the port to which your device is connected which you will found on the top left of the Odin screen.
- You will get added messaging and the port will become yellow and if nothing happens then reinstall all necessary phone drivers.
- There will be three boxes which you have to now uncheck F. Reset Time and click on the PDA. Next go to the Galaxy S4 Mini folder and select GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel. tar. md5 format and load it.
- To begin the flashing process, select start button and let the phone Reboot after rooting. Once again enter the download mode. After completion, the Odin window will show a message Pass.
- Thereafter, click on PDA and go to Galaxy S4 Mini folder and select the CMW recovery package clockworth 22.214.171.124-serranoltexx.tar.md5 and start the clockworkMod recovery to flash.
- Again after the completion of all this process it will display you Pass and booting starts in recovery mode by turning off your device and pressing the Home, Volume Up and Power button together.
- If you want to confirm the rooting process, then download the app called Root Checker and run it.