Email marketing can be very profitable for your business, no matter what kind of service or product you offer. It is one of the cheapest ways of marketing today and if done correctly can bring you great results and help you building trusted relationship with your subscribers.
The base of any successful email marketing is a targeted and permission-based email list. Internet marketers also call their email lists as their ‘goldmine’ because of the possibility of revenue that it can generate. If you have build a list of subscribers that are ready to hear from you than you’ve completed the first step in your email marketing and now it’s time for you to ‘mine’ for gold!
In this post I have written several list-building and retention tips and ideas that’ll help you with your email marketing activities:
- Provide only useful and relevant content. Visitors don’t leave their email address with you so that you can spam their email inboxes with unwanted information. You must provide unique and valuable information that will be of interest or use to your subscribers.
- Add a opt-in form to every page of your blog/website. Make sure you add the opt-in form in a place where it can be found easily. If you website doesn’t look cluttered you may try to add more than one opt-in form to your web page. If you own a blog you may add one in sidebar and one at the end of the post.
- Add opt-in form to your facebook page. Convert your fans to your subscribers. Most of the email marketing softwares today help you to integrate your opt-in forms with Facebook and other social networks!
- Make the opt-in process easy. More the information you request, fewer the people will be willing to opt-in. In most cases, a name and an email address is sufficient. And say you need more information you can always ask for it once they’re your subscribers!
- Provide samples of your newsletters. This lets potential subscribers review your materials before they sign up to determine if it’s something they’d be interested in.
- Offer them freebies during opt-in. Offer them a freebie during the sign-up. It can be a free ebook, a free video lesson or even some free tool. Everyone likes to get something for free! And if you pass out stuff that is really good people will stick with you and look forward to what you have to offer.
- Ask them to pass it on. Word of mouth is a powerful viral technique to increase the number of subscribers to your list and it works great with email marketing. If your subscribers find your content valuable and interesting they’ll pass the news totheir friends and family and this can be a really good way of attracting new subscribers to your list, so make sure to remind them to just ‘pass it on’!
- Include a ‘Opt-in‘ link in your newsletters. Always remember to add an opt-in link in your email newsletters. You may find it completely unnecessary to do so but keep in mind that if your emails are really good your subscribers will pass them on to others who have not subscribed to your list. This will help you gather even more email addresses without any further work on your side.
- Create landing pages with opt-in forms. A landing page has one goal − to acquire email addresses and build your list. Create a landing page that tells visitors about the benefit of opt-in into your list. Provide a freebie to them and write a persuasive copy to make sure you convert as many visitors into subscribers as possible.
- Blog religiously. Blogging is a great way to driving traffic to your landing page and opt-in forms. By blogging continuously you’ll attract a lot of traffic that you can then direct to your opt-in forms for them to subscribe. Blogs also help you in building a strong bond with your readers and this acts as a great booster in conversion from readers to subscribers.
So here were the top 11 ways build and increase your subscribers list. Read them again and give each point some thought on how you can use it in your own business.