It is essential to update your date of birth in aadhar card if there is any mistake while making this document. It is because a single mistake in your date of birth can ruin your other documents and also your original age as per the government records.
There are three ways to update your date of birth in aadhar card.
- Update the date of birth in aadhar card using an online method.
- Update the date of birth in aadhar card using an offline method.
- Update the date of birth in aadhar card via post.
However, let’s have a look at the documents whichever are required to support this update.
- Birth certificate
- Voter ID
- Ration card
- PAN card
- SSLC certificate or book
- The mark sheet issued by your university or school
- Pension or payment order offered by the state or central government
- Date of birth certificate issued by a Group A Gazetted officer
- Photo ID card authenticated by a recognized education institution
Update the date of birth in aadhar card using an online method
- First, visit the official portal of UIDAI.
- Now, go through the aadhar services section and click on update aadhar option.
- You now have to enter your 12-digit UID and captcha code to get logged in.
- Enter the OTP that you will receive in your registered mobile number.
- Click on the submit button.
- Then on the next screen, you will be required to choose the options and things that you want to get updated in your aadhar card, such as your name, mobile number, DOB, address, etc.
- Select the DOB option and fill up the correct date and click on the submit button.
- Upload any of the valid proof documents to support your change. (This list of valid documents is mentioned above)
- That’s it. You will be provided with the acknowledgment number, and within a week you can check either your date of birth gets updated or not.
Update the date of birth in aadhar card using an offline method
- Visit the nearest Sewa Kendra.
- Ask for the aadhar update form and fill-up the form with the correct details.
- Enter your present date of birth and submit to any of the aadhar executives with an attached document.
- Pay the 25 Rs fee for availing service and complete your biometric verification.
- You will get a slip, and your date of birth will get updated in your aadhar card within one week.
Update the date of birth in aadhar card via post
- Download the aadhar correction form using the official website.
- Take a print out and fill up all the correct details on the form.
- Attach a valid document to support your update.
- Send this particular form to the address mentioned in the UIDAI official website using any postal service.
- It could take some time to reach your letter.
- Wait for around two weeks to get notified about your update.