In this article, we compare the two leading streaming services that provide Live TV on the internet. Hulu Vs Sling. Which one do we like more?
Hulu+Live TV gives a massive selection of local and network channels for viewers to enjoy. While it may stand as the number one choice for viewers, its Competitor, Sling TV, is also gaining viewership by providing Live TV to its users differently by bringing the choice of paying for only what you watch.
If you enjoy reading about streaming services & gadgets, then you must check out https://blogofgadgets.com
Hulu VS Sling
The rising cable prices and uninspired entertainment on Cable these days have moved a majority of the young viewers to Stream services. But streaming services still don’t have great options for News and Sports lovers, and if you think that is what you need, these two options are great for you.
- Flexibility: Hulu offers to its viewers one base subscription option and a No-ads version which contains almost all the major TV networks like ABC and NBC along with all major News and sports channels while Sling offers two base models of Orange and Blue, which contain different channels in the bundle, and while orange may dip towards news and sports, Blue contains more entertainment channels.
- Channels: In the case of channels, Hulu certainly has much more to offer than Sling, bringing up the benefits of its tie-up with HBO, which cannot be accessed on Sling, along with all the major networks in its base pack while Sling requires you to get these channels as add-ons.
- Cost: Hulu + Live TV costs 54.99$/month while the ad-free version costs 60$. Sling saves many bucks in this case as it offers its individual Orange and Blue models at 30$ while users can get both at 45$.
- Add Ons: On Hulu, you can add HBO, Cinemax, Starz, etc., within a cost range of 10$ to 15$, While Sling TV, through offering more flexibility, increases complexity because certain addons are only compatible with only one of Sling Orange or Blue, which creates an issue of which option to choose.
- Original Content: Hulu provides original content that includes award-winning dramas such as the handmaid’s tale and other great shows. While it doesn’t have as many choices as Netflix or Amazon prime, it still holds original content, unlike Sling, which only offers Live TV.
|Hulu + Live TV||Sling TV|
|Base pack at 54.99$||Base pack at 30$|
|Massive channel collections||Better flexibility|
|Great original and On-demand Content||Original content may not be available, but most channels give on-demand availability|
|3 devices can stream simultaneously||2 devices can stream simultaneously|
FAQs | Hulu VS Sling
Are these Streaming services available outside of the USA?
No, none of the two services are accessible outside of the States, and the only way to access them would be through VPN or Proxy.
Which of the two Services is cheaper?
Currently, Sling, with its most expensive base pack, Sling Orange+Blue priced at 45$ a month, is still cheap in comparison to the Hulu+Live TVs base pack at 54.99$.
Which service is better for the whole family?
Hulu has more to offer for the whole family with all-round family content from Adult Swim to Cartoon Network and thus is better.
Which service is better used with other streaming services?
Sling works best with other streaming services as it completes the need for Live TV while Not exhausting the user with options.
What is the advantage of using Live TV on streaming services instead of Cable?
The biggest advantage of using Live TV instead of cable is savings. Streaming Services save more than a hundred dollars than using Cable and also allow better flexibility and less unnecessary additional security and installation charges, which can easily be disconnected and moved at any time.
Which streaming service is more reliable?
Hulu is much more reliable than Sling in this regard with better customer support and great interface and platforming.
Closure | Hulu VS Sling
So Hulu vs Sling? Which one is it for you? While it is difficult to say absolutely which service is better since every user has their own needs and perspectives, but if you like more options and want one service to satisfy all needs, Hulu + Live Tv is the best for you while if you think you only watch select TV and want to pair it with other streaming services, Sling might be the best shot.