Both the PAN and Aadhaar cards are essential documents issued by the Indian Government. Aadhaar card can be used to show valid identification when the PAN card is expired. Here is how to link two documents, if you are someone holding PAN and Aadhaar both.
You won’t be able to connect your PAN to your Aadhaar Card successfully in some cases. Often because of information mismatch the reason your request is rejected. Please ensure that all of the PAN Card information is consistent with the Aadhaar details. The process of corrections is described below in cases of any malfunction.
How to make your PAN Card corrections?
All the details on your PAN Card are essential. You won’t be able to use it as valid identification proof if your name in the PAN is misplaced or the date of birth is incorrect. Please follow the following procedure if you want to make corrections to your PAN card:
- Check our https:/www.tin-nsdl.com/downloads/pan/downloads-pan.html website for NSDL
- The 49AA form should be downloaded.
- Complete all information correctly.
- All the information you mention, such as age proof, address evidence and identity proof, will be asked for supporting documents. A list of accepted documents and instructions to complete the form will be included in the form. Read them attentively, please.
- Affix your recent photo, i.e., passport size
- Please tick on the left margin of the appropriate row that requires correction once you have completed all the information.
- Send the detailed application by post to the following address:
The INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT,
5th Floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
How to make Aadhaar card corrections?
In certain situations, the government program can mistakenly enter Aadhaar information. Wanted trouble is triggered by confusion on the Aadhaar Card.
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has made it easy and convenient to correct your Aadhaar Card. You can do that by submitting a form if any of the information in the Aadhaar Card is wrong and you choose to update. Aadhaar details can be updated offline and online.
The method of changing your Aadhaar Card details via offline
- Visit UIDAI website to download the Correction Form.
- Click on Resources> Enrolment Docs> Download Forms
- Aadhaar correction forms are available for download
- Fill out the information you need to update
- You must add the required changes to the supporting documentation
- Sent the updated form and documents attached to it to the following address:
UIDAI, Post box No – 99,
India – 500034
The online way to modify your Aadhaar Card
- Visit https:/ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update, the official UIDAI website;
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number followed by a login captcha code.
- Select the alternative “OTP” which will be sent to the registered number through a one-time password ( OTP)
- Enter the OTP and then press the button “Submit”.
- Pick the fields to be updated on the Aadhaar Card
- Keep ready to upload the scanned copy of supporting documents
- Upon completion of this stage, a URN (Update Request Number) is created. This is necessary for the next process
- Upon updating Aadhaar with new details, a printout can be taken.
How to Quote your Aadhaar Number while Filing ITR
It is now a duty to quote your Aadhaar number because the ITR is not being processed by the income tax department, for all income tax returns filed this month. The rules came into effect on 1 April 2019, as provided for in a new order issued by the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
By visiting the official e-filing website of the Indian income tax department, you can link your Aadhaar card with income tax returns. Before this specified deadline, all taxable persons and entities must report their annual income. Notably, during ITR filing, you must quote your Aadhaar number. It is also necessary to link PAN with Aadhaar. How can you quote in ITR form your Aadhaar number?
What is Aadhaar?
Aadhaar is a unique proof of identity consisting of a 12-digit unique ID number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. Aadhaar card contains demographic and biometric information and the unique 12 digit ID number as proof of identity.
Also, the Government made arrangements to link the Aadhaar card to bank accounts, PAN, bank accounts, or even tax returns. The Department of Income Tax has allowed you to verify and sign your IT return via Aadhaar card. This article explains in detail how you can link your Aadhaar card to the IT returns.
In ITR form, dedicated areas were provided in the ITR forms to quote the Aadhaar number. Enter in the given space with the Aadhaar number. You may use your 28-digit enrolment ID, followed by a date and time of Aadhaar registration, while filling out your ITR form, in the event, you are applying for but have not yet obtained the Aadhaar card.
Procedure to link Aadhaar card with Income Tax Returns (ITR):
The process to connect your Aadhaar to your income tax returns is given below:
- Check the http:/incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ website.
- Login by using a username and password.
- Select on the home page the ‘Profile Settings’ option.
- Select the ‘Aadhaar link’ option.
- Type details of Aadhaar.
- Select the ‘Link now’ option.
- Check your PAN data for Aadhaar details.
- To validate the IT return, pick one of the choices below.
- If you have an EVC already and would like an EVC to be provided.
- If you have no EVC and want to generate EVC.
- If you decide to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-verify your return.
- If you’re going to e-check or send ITR-V later.
- In this case, a tax-payer must choose option three, and a one-time password is sent to the tax-payer’s registered mobile number when the option is selected.
- To verify the uploaded return, the OTP sent to the mobile number can be used.
- The “Return successfully e-verified” message will be shown on the webpage. Take the download of the acknowledgment.
According to reports, the Government plans to temporarily invalidate all PAN cards, which are not linked with Aadhaar by 31 August 2019.
The theory behind it is that the Government thinks that if the PAN is not linked to Aadhaar despite too many extensions, its validity is questionable. The Government is merely skeptical that your PAN could be fake.
Know Steps for Linking Aadhaar and PAN: Complete Guide
The time limit has been extended multiple times to link the PAN card with your Aadhaar Card. The latest notice stated that the Permanent Account Number (PAN), if not linked with Aadhaar by 31 March 2020, would be inoperative. Therefore, if you did not previously connect your PAN Card to your Aadhaar card, you must link the card within that time.
Previously, according to the notification of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), your PAN Card would not be valid if you did not connect your PAN Card to your Aadhaar card by 30 December 2019. Under the new law, however, the PAN will become inoperative from 1 April 2020 if the PAN card and the Aadhaar are not connected until the end of March 2020.
But do you know how to link Aadhaar with your PAN? Here is a step-by-step guide to link up your PAN to Aadhaar. If you have previously filed tax returns, your PAN has likely been connected to Aadhaar. You can check your Pan Aadhaar online status by visiting the income tax e-filing Web Site www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. You must link if you haven’t done so.
How to link Aadhaar with PAN via e-Filing?
You must follow the following steps if you are a taxpayer:
Step 1: Login e-Filing website by entering your registered username and password.
Step 2: After login, under the ‘Profile Settings’ you’ll receive the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option.
If your name and date of birth are identical to Aadhaar and PAN, the Aadhaar number will be linked with PAN.
How to link Aadhaar to the PAN via SMS?
The Central Direct Tax Council (CBDT) has also introduced other methods for linking PAN to Aadhaar. By sending a simple SMS, you can even connect your PAN card and Aadhaar. You only have to send an SMS to either NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited or UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITL) of the PAN service providers.
If you are a taxpayer, you can use SMS 567678 or 56161 to link your Aadhaar numbers to PAN, and you need to follow the format given below.
Example: UIDPAN 112345678924 ABBPA9888Q
The Aadhaar number shall be linked with PAN if the taxpayer’s name and date of birth are the same as Aadhaar and PAN. You, therefore, have two possibilities to link your Aadhaar number to PAN:
Use of the SMS facility
Use of the https:/incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in portal e-filing facility
You can also manually link your Aadhaar to PAN. You have to fill in the ‘Annex-1’ form and submit the supporting documents, such as:
Two photos of passport size
- PAN card copy
- Aadhaar card copy
How to check for linking status online between PAN-Aadhaar?
- Go to the webpage directly www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/aadhaarstatus
- Enter the details of PAN and Aadhaar number
- Choose the “View Link Aadhaar Status” option
- The linking status will be shown
Name, date of birth and gender of your PAN will only be validated against the details of your Aadhaar. You must also ensure that the number and name of Aadhaar according to the Aadhaar and as the same as that of your Aadhaar card. The Rs 10,000 penalty will also apply to those who do not link both PAN-Aadhaar cards on time.